Awards and Accolades
You like us, you really like us!
- "FAB Coffee Shop"
"FAB Place for a First Date"
- Lavender Magazine's 2005 Outstanding Awards
"Hottest Coffee Shop in the USA "
- OUT Magazine Summer of 2005 Hot List
- "Top 10 New Restaurants - Twin Cities "
-CitySearch / MSN 2004
- "Best New Restaurant" & "Best Casual Dining"
- Lavender Magazine's 2004 Outstanding! Awards
- "Best Coffeehouse"
- Leo Mezzrow's List, The Minneapolis Observer
- "Best Queer Coffee Shop"
City Pages 2005, 2006
Articles & Reviews
- Downtown Minneapolis Magazine - May/June 2007
- Minnesota Monthly Magazine - November 2006
- Bon Appetit Magazine: Desserts We Love - August 2006
- Passport Magazine: What's New in Minneapolis - February 2006
- Star Tribune: Hot Hangouts - January 20, 2006
"Chic yet cozy is the best way to describe the seating area next to the fireplace at the Wilde Roast Cafe..."
- Star Tribune: Talking on the Wilde Side - January 15, 2006
A school teacher and a carpenter have created a welcoming environment where their namesake playwright, with his eccentricities and humorous asides, would have been quite comfortable..."
- City Pages: Wilde, Civilized - August 18, 2004
"...You should know that as a café, Wilde Roast succeeds terrifically--it combines the best aspects of coffee shop, wine bar, and lunch spot into one elegant meeting space..."
- Star Tribune: Hybrids Are Blooming - October 21, 2005
"...French toast so deliriously decadent it approaches Enron-like levels of overindulgence..."
- The Rake - November 2004
"Sometimes you don't know what you need until it's given to you."
- Fresh Cup Magazine
- NWA World Traveler Magazine - November 2004
- Lavender Magazine - December 2004
"Actually, Wilde Roast is just as much a threat to society as Wilde once was himself. It challenges not the morality of our era—indeed, it weaves a strong fabric of inclusion as a neighborhood-centric gathering place—but rather the onslaught of the homogenized coffee-house chains that provide the same airbrushed aura in Bloomington as in Barcelona or Beijing."